SLCC Concurrent Enrollment Transition Tuition Waiver - $1,000 tuition waiver to concurrent enrollment students who plan to transition to SLCC and have completed 6 credits of SLCC concurrent enrollment coursework with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. To be eligible for the waiver for the coming fall semester, students must apply by February 1, 2020. Additional requirements include being a US citizen, completing the admissions update form admissions update , completing the FAFSA on SLCC website at FAFSA , and working with an SLCC adviser to create an academic plan academic advising. A detailed list of the requirements is available on the SLCC website at tuition waiver instructions. To apply for the tuition waiver, complete the online scholarship application at SLCC Scholarships.
Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship
- Open to 12th grade, minority students who have not earned an associates yet. Last year, 54 seniors were awarded four year scholarships to a U.S. 4-year university of their choice. Details and application can be found at https://www.jackierobinson.org/apply/ Deadline to apply: February 1, 2020
SLCC Teacher Recruitment Scholarship
- Teacher Recruitment Scholars start their post-secondary education at Salt Lake Community College.• Scholars enroll in a seminar class to support their transition to college. • Scholars receive support through individual advising, mentoring and tutoring. • Scholars earn an Associate’s degree in Education. Upon completion of the Associate’s degree, Teacher Recruitment Scholars transfer to the University of Utah to earn a Bachelor’s degree in education and licensure. • Scholars participate in the “Just for U” Transfer Bridge Program to support their transition from the community college to the University of Utah. What does the scholarship cover? •Up to $500 per semester from your school district for fees, books and supplies (four semester minimum with continuation depending on funding). • Approximately $3000 per year in tuition waivers from Salt Lake Community College for a maximum of two years. • Pending available funding, GPA requirements, and academic coursework toward licensure, qualified individuals will be eligible for approximately $5000 per year through internships and/or scholarships for a maximum of two years at the University of Utah College of Education. Deadline
: February 1, 2020
. Go to: http://www.slcc.edu/scholarships/
University of Utah First Ascent Scholars Program/Scholarship
- The First Ascent Scholarship provides the opportunity for incoming college freshmen to engage in all college has to offer. Scholarship funds cover unmet financial need, room and board, fees, health insurance (if needed), tutoring costs, travel and more, to help scholars focus on achieving their academic best.
First Ascent Scholars must:
- Monthly engagement with the First Ascent Scholars team
- Participation in First Ascent Scholars events, including: travel, speaker series and team-building
- Mandatory volunteer work in a school or other educational setting
- Two years of on-campus residency
- Maintain a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester
- Maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Attend the annual Scholarship Luncheon
- Collaborate with a mentor
- Be a current high-school senior
- Have applied or will apply to the University of Utah (scholarships will only be awarded to students admitted to the University of Utah)
- Demonstrate an interest in business
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Show significant financial need to attend college
William Browning Scholarship
- $6,000 per year awarded to 10 recipients. The University of Utah Mining engineering Department is excited to announce an increase in scholarship funds available to student majoring in Mining Engineering at the U. This scholarship is renewable for up to 8 semesters by meeting requirements each year and may be increased to a higher amount after one year with a 3.4 cumulative gpa or higher. For more information, go to https://mining.utah.edu/scholarships/index.php Deadline to apply: February 15, 2020. Application available here.
Sparkling Ice Flavorful Futures Scholarship
- Sparkling Ice® is awarding FIVE $5,000 scholarships to eligible high school seniors who are planning their bright and colorful futures. Eligible applications will be evaluated based on academic achievement and the creativity of their application, which should showcase what makes them who they are and how they want to contribute to their gifts through education. For full requirements and to apply, go to www.flavorfulfutures.com Deadline to apply: February 15, 2020
Westminster College - Civility Essay Contest - $2,000 first place cash award, and $500 runner up cash award. Many have lamented the loss of civility and bipartisanship in our political and public reams. Name-calling, attack ads, deliberate mis-truths, and even overt violence towards members of the press and political opponents are common features of our public life. The Honors College at Westminster sponsors an annual essay contest for Utah high school students who want to engage in conversation about how to restore civility and bipartisanship to our politics and public life. Application details. Deadline to apply is February 25, 2020.
2019 Kick Ash Short Film Festival annual - If you're in grades 7-12 in Salt Lake County, you could WIN CASH and great prizes just by creating a 30-60 second short film for your peers about the dangers of vaping. Contest details and application. Deadline for submissions: February 27, 2020.
The Utah High School Entrepreneur Challenge - Do you want to explore innovative and creative entrepreneurship? Are you filled with problem-solving ideas? Do you want to win cash and scholarship prizes? The High School Utah Entrepreneur Challenge (HSUEC) encourages high school students to explore innovation and entrepreneurship, and teams can win over $20,000 in cash and scholarship prizes! HSUEC is the high school version of the Utah Entrepreneur Challenge, one of the largest collegiate competitions in the country. Utah is known for its entrepreneurial spirit, and we believe some of the best ideas come from teens like you! All high school students (or those ages 14-18) throughout Utah are encouraged to compete. Learn more and apply here: http://lassonde.utah.edu/hsuec. Deadline: February 19, 2020.
Weber State Scholarship - Richard Richards Ethics Scholarship - $1,000 scholarship awarded to multiple students from northern Utah who will be attending Weber State after graduation. The scholarship awards are based on a 500 word essay, as well as a letter of recommendation and additional application materials. To learn more and apply, go to https://weber.edu/polsc/Richards_Institute/scholarships.html Deadline: February 28, 2020