SLCC Concurrent Enrollment Transition Tuition Waiver - $1,000 tuition waiver to concurrent enrollment students who plan to transition to SLCC and have completed 6 credits of SLCC concurrent enrollment coursework with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. To be eligible for the waiver for the coming fall semester, students must apply by February 1, 2021. Additional requirements include being a US citizen, completing the admissions update form admissions update , completing the FAFSA on SLCC website at FAFSA , and working with an SLCC adviser to create an academic plan academic advising. A detailed list of the requirements is available on the SLCC website at tuition waiver instructions. To apply for the tuition waiver, complete the online scholarship application at SLCC Scholarships.
Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship
- Open to 12th grade, minority students who have not earned an associates yet. Last year, 54 seniors were awarded four year scholarships to a U.S. 4-year university of their choice. Details and application can be found at https://www.jackierobinson.org/apply/ Deadline to apply: February 1, 2021
SLCC Teacher Recruitment Scholarship
- Teacher Recruitment Scholars start their post-secondary education at Salt Lake Community College.• Scholars enroll in a seminar class to support their transition to college. • Scholars receive support through individual advising, mentoring and tutoring. • Scholars earn an Associate’s degree in Education. Upon completion of the Associate’s degree, Teacher Recruitment Scholars transfer to the University of Utah to earn a Bachelor’s degree in education and licensure. • Scholars participate in the “Just for U” Transfer Bridge Program to support their transition from the community college to the University of Utah. What does the scholarship cover? •Up to $500 per semester from your school district for fees, books and supplies (four semester minimum with continuation depending on funding). • Approximately $3000 per year in tuition waivers from Salt Lake Community College for a maximum of two years. • Pending available funding, GPA requirements, and academic coursework toward licensure, qualified individuals will be eligible for approximately $5000 per year through internships and/or scholarships for a maximum of two years at the University of Utah College of Education. Deadline
: February 1, 2020
. Go to: http://www.slcc.edu/scholarships/
University of Utah First Ascent Scholars Program/Scholarship
- The First Ascent Scholarship provides the opportunity for incoming college freshmen to engage in all college has to offer. Scholarship funds cover unmet financial need, room and board, fees, health insurance (if needed), tutoring costs, travel and more, to help scholars focus on achieving their academic best.
First Ascent Scholars must:
- Monthly engagement with the First Ascent Scholars team
- Participation in First Ascent Scholars events, including: travel, speaker series and team-building
- Mandatory volunteer work in a school or other educational setting
- Two years of on-campus residency
- Maintain a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester
- Maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Attend the annual Scholarship Luncheon
- Collaborate with a mentor
- Be a current high-school senior
- Have applied or will apply to the University of Utah (scholarships will only be awarded to students admitted to the University of Utah)
- Demonstrate an interest in business
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Show significant financial need to attend college
Explore More Mining Engineering Scholarship - Available to new incoming Freshmen students at the University of Utah. Strong background in math, physic, and chemistry recommended. Up to 4 $10,000 scholarships will be awarded each year.
Priority Deadline: November 1, 2020. Final Deadline: February 15, 2021.
William Browning Scholarship
- $6,000 per year awarded to 10 recipients. The University of Utah Mining engineering Department is excited to announce an increase in scholarship funds available to student majoring in Mining Engineering at the U. This scholarship is renewable for up to 8 semesters by meeting requirements each year and may be increased to a higher amount after one year with a 3.4 cumulative gpa or higher. For more information, go to https://mining.utah.edu/scholarships/index.php Deadline to apply: February 15, 2021. Application available here.
BeUTAHful Art Competition - All students in the state of Utah are invited to submit visual art based on the theme “Meet Your Neighbor.” Submissions will be accepted between February 1, 2021 and March 15, 2021. Prizes will be awarded in each of the 4 age-group categories. Students can submit their artwork on our website at www.rideuta.com/studentart. Winning artwork will be featured on the interior of UTA buses, TRAX, and FrontRunner trains from April 2021 - April 2022. This art museum on wheels (and tracks!) is unique to the state of Utah, and offers students a special opportunity to display their talents to people all over the state. Deadline to submit: February 1, 2021 thru March 15, 2021.
2019 Kick Ash Short Film Festival annual - If you're in grades 7-12 in Salt Lake County, you could WIN CASH and great prizes just by creating a 30-60 second short film for your peers about the dangers of vaping. Contest details and application. Deadline for submissions: February 27, 2020.
The Utah High School Entrepreneur Challenge - Do you want to explore innovative and creative entrepreneurship? Are you filled with problem-solving ideas? Do you want to win cash and scholarship prizes? The High School Utah Entrepreneur Challenge (HSUEC) encourages high school students to explore innovation and entrepreneurship, and teams can win over $20,000 in cash and scholarship prizes! HSUEC is the high school version of the Utah Entrepreneur Challenge, one of the largest collegiate competitions in the country. Utah is known for its entrepreneurial spirit, and we believe some of the best ideas come from teens like you! All high school students (or those ages 14-18) throughout Utah are encouraged to compete. Learn more and apply here: http://lassonde.utah.edu/hsuec. Deadline: February 17, 2021.