Northrop Grumman Engineering Scholarship -
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems has established a scholarship program to assist high school seniors from sponsoring locations who plan to continue their education in an engineering program at a four-year college or university school of engineering. Renewable scholarships are offered each year for full-time study at an accredited four-year college or university in an approved engineering, computer science, mathematics, or physics program. Informative Brochure.
The program is administered by Scholarship America®, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations and individuals. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability or national origin. To learn more and to apply, visit: http://www.northropgrumman.com/corporateresponsibility/community/pages/engineeringscholars.aspx Deadline: February 5, 2019.
SLCC Teacher Recruitment Scholarship
- Teacher Recruitment Scholars start their post-secondary education at Salt Lake Community College.• Scholars enroll in a seminar class to support their transition to college. • Scholars receive support through individual advising, mentoring and tutoring. • Scholars earn an Associate’s degree in Education. Upon completion of the Associate’s degree, Teacher Recruitment Scholars transfer to the University of Utah to earn a Bachelor’s degree in education and licensure. • Scholars participate in the “Just for U” Transfer Bridge Program to support their transition from the community college to the University of Utah. What does the scholarship cover? •Up to $500 per semester from your school district for fees, books and supplies (four semester minimum with continuation depending on funding). • Approximately $3000 per year in tuition waivers from Salt Lake Community College for a maximum of two years. • Pending available funding, GPA requirements, and academic coursework toward licensure, qualified individuals will be eligible for approximately $5000 per year through internships and/or scholarships for a maximum of two years at the University of Utah College of Education. Application opens November 15, 2017 and closes on February 1, 2019
. Go to: http://www.slcc.edu/scholarships/
- CTE Scholarships and Tuition Awards are for outstanding Career and Technical Education (CTE) students. The awards cover up to one year of tuition. Eligible applicants have a 1:2 odds of receiving an award. Would you spend four to five hours compiling a portfolio to receive well over $1,500? That's the reality of students applying for the over 100 CTE scholarships and tuition awards. Learn more and gain access to the application by visiting this site: https://schools.utah.gov/cte/resources/scholarshipsawards. Deadline: February 1, 2019.
University of Utah First Ascent Scholars Program/Scholarship
- The First Ascent Scholarship provides the opportunity for incoming college freshmen to engage in all college has to offer. Scholarship funds cover unmet financial need, room and board, fees, health insurance (if needed), tutoring costs, travel and more, to help scholars focus on achieving their academic best.
First Ascent Scholars must:
- Monthly engagement with the First Ascent Scholars team
- Participation in First Ascent Scholars events, including: travel, speaker series and team-building
- Mandatory volunteer work in a school or other educational setting
- Two years of on-campus residency
- Maintain a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester
- Maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Attend the annual Scholarship Luncheon
- Collaborate with a mentor
- Be a current high-school senior
- Have applied or will apply to the University of Utah (scholarships will only be awarded to students admitted to the University of Utah)
- Demonstrate an interest in business
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Show significant financial need to attend college
Sparkling Ice Flavorful Futures Scholarship
- Sparkling Ice® is awarding FIVE $5,000 scholarships to eligible high school seniors who are planning their bright and colorful futures. Eligible applications will be evaluated based on academic achievement and the creativity of their application, which should showcase what makes them who they are and how they want to contribute to their gifts through education. For full requirements and to apply, go to www.flavorfulfutures.com Deadline to apply: February 15, 2019
BYU Geology George H. Hansen Scholarship - Deadline February 15, 2019.
Eligible applicants must be a graduating senior planning to enroll as a geology or earth and space science education major at BYU. The awardee must also continue in one of these majors according to a progressive program and maintain at least a 3.3 GPA while at the university. To apply, complete the online application and submit your transcript and two letters of recommendation.
T.H. Bell Teaching Scholarship/Incentive Loan - The Teaching Incentive Loan is funded by the Utah State Legislature and is administered by the State Board of Regents. The Utah State Board of Education receives and assesses applications from senior students from any high school in the state of Utah. Recipients are required to pursue an educator preparation program, obtain educator licensing, and then teach in Utah public schools for a period equal to the time they received assistance. The TILP consists of a waiver covering up to the cost of tuition and fees at Utah Institutions of Higher Education offering approved teacher preparation programs. TILP is to be used fora period not exceeding 8 semesters. To learn more and to apply, go Bell scholarship application and instructions. Deadline: February 22, 2019.
2019 Kick Ash Short Film Festival annual - If you're in grades 7-12 in Salt Lake County, you could WIN CASH and great prizes just by creating a 30-60 second short film for your peers about the dangers of vaping. Contest details and application. Deadline for submissions: February 28, 2019
The Utah High School Entrepreneur Challenge - Do you want to explore innovative and creative entrepreneurship? Are you filled with problem-solving ideas? Do you want to win cash and scholarship prizes? The High School Utah Entrepreneur Challenge (HSUEC) encourages high school students to explore innovation and entrepreneurship, and teams can win over $20,000 in cash and scholarship prizes! HSUEC is the high school version of the Utah Entrepreneur Challenge, one of the largest collegiate competitions in the country. Utah is known for its entrepreneurial spirit, and we believe some of the best ideas come from teens like you! All high school students (or those ages 14-18) throughout Utah are encouraged to compete. Learn more and apply here: http://lassonde.utah.edu/hsuec. Deadline: February 28, 2019.